Friday, May 25, 2012

What does 1:3 look like?

First I arranged my desks into groups of three and hung a "group name" over each pod of desks.

The signs hanging from the ceiling are a country name withe a map of the country and a map showing where that country is in the world.  I just chose to call my groups by country names because it was better group 1, 2, 3, etc.  BUT this still allows me to make sure that each of the groups gets the same iPad that they worked on yesterday.

**Plus it allows me to make my super cheesy teacher joke "Guys there are NO travel visas issued today so stay in your own country!" :)

We use an image that represents that country as the screensaver so that I can immediately tell which iPad it is without having to take a Sharpie to my Otterboxes


Even when we are not using the iPads the trios with assigned roles is very conducive to the learning environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment